Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship
About this scholarship
The Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (Indigenous-CECS) are intended to assist with education costs.
This scholarships is valued at up to $11,020, to be paid in instalments of $1,377.50 per semester.
Future Students and Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, as of the scholarship application closing date:
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students (Confirmation of Aboriginality will be required)
- Course: Enrolled, or about to commence study, in an undergraduate course as a Commonwealth supported student
- Year level: Must not have completed a course equivalent to, or higher than, an Australian bachelors unless that award is a prerequisite to your current course of study.
- Study load: full-time (exceptional circumstances may be considered for part-time study)
- Financial hardship
- Recipients are not eligible to receive this scholarship in conjunction with: the ACU Start Up, Uniform Award or the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship.
The University Admission Centre (UAC) process all applications for this scholarship. Students located in any Australian state should follow the UAC application process. There is no fee for submitting a scholarship application through UAC.
Click here to start your application.
If you would like assistance with completing your application, please contact your local Indigenous Higher Education Unit.
Applications are assessed based on financial hardship.
The recipients will be selected by the ACU Scholarships Office in consultation with First Peoples Directorate.
Recipients must continue to meet the following requirements each semester:
Satisfactory academic progress
A full-time study load