ACU Law - Equity Scholarship
Applications are closed - please check again at a later date, as scholarship and application details are confirmed on an ongoing basis.
About this scholarship
Established in 2012, the ACU Law - Equity Scholarship is intended to assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
- This scholarship is valued at $5,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There are two scholarships available.
Future Students and Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Faculty: Law and Business
- Course: any ACU Law degree
- Campus: Brisbane, Blacktown, North Sydney or Melbourne
- Not a previous recipient of this scholarship.
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- any hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change the future.
- why you chose to undertake your degree and what do you hope to achieve with it in the future.
- Evidence of financial need;
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Financial need
- The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the Dean of Law.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a first year student, and the other to a student in any year level.