ACU Accommodation Scholarship
About this scholarship
This accommodation scholarship supports access to higher education for students undertaking undergraduate programs at ACU’s Ballarat, Canberra or any NSW-based campuses.
- This scholarship provides a 20% reduction in accommodation fees, paid towards a two-semester or 12-month rental agreement in the property and room type of your choice.
- Ballarat Campus: The award is paid towards a two-semester or 12-month rental agreement in the property and room type of your choice. There are 5 scholarships available.
- Canberra Campus: The award is paid towards the fees of a standard studio room on a 12-month agreement. There are 5 scholarships available.
- NSW-based campus: The award is paid towards a National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) studio or premium studio, or multi-share apartment. There are a total of 10 scholarships available.
Future, Commencing or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commencing ACU course in Semester 1, 2023 or prior
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Citizenship: domestic
- Campus: Ballarat, Canberra, North Sydney, Strathfield or Blacktown
- Overcome hardships or barriers to accessing higher education
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- any hardships or barriers* you have had to overcome to access higher education.
- how receiving this scholarship will assist you.
- Evidence to support the hardship/s outlined in your written statement. This may include but is not limited to: Centrelink or bank statements, letter from a medical professional, or a statutory declaration.
- (if relevant) Evidence of your regional, rural or remote address.
* Hardships or barriers may include but are not limited to financial disadvantage, single parent background, ongoing medical conditions, non-English speaking background, first in family to attend university, social, cultural disadvantage or adjusting to life in Australia as a refugee.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to applicants who have relocated from a regional, rural or remote location
The recipients will be selected by the ACU Scholarships Office
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum Pass grade for at least two-thirds of credit points in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- Enrolment at the same campus under which the scholarship is awarded.