ACU International Student Accommodation Scholarship
About this scholarship
ACU Student Accommodation aims to support international students with the cost of accommodation whilst studying at ACU in Australia. The ACU International Student Accommodation Scholarship is designed to encourage international students to choose to stay in ACU Student Accommodation which engages students from a range of backgrounds, with equally diverse aspirations and support needs.
Applying early gives you the best chance for consideration. Conditional offers will be made while this scholarship is open for applications.
- The scholarship provides a 20% reduction of ACU Student Accommodation fees for the duration of 12 months. (The Scholarship only applies to ACU student accommodation. It does not apply to any non-ACU accommodation.
- Sydney: this offer is for a National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) studio apartment.
- Canberra: this offer is for a studio apartment in Blackfriars Residence on-campus.
- Ballarat: this offer is for a private room in a Managed Residential house.
- There are 4 scholarships available.
Future, Commencing or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following criteria:
- Citizenship: international students
- Study load: full-time enrolment in Semester 2, 2023
- Campus: Canberra, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown or Ballarat (on campus mode)
These offers are subject to the availability of rooms at your chosen campus. You may be contacted by ACU Student Accommodation for further clarification about room availability.
Accommodation Scholarships are limited to one per student. If you are awarded and accept multiple Accommodation Scholarships, the Scholarships Office will contact you to confirm which award you will accept. The Scholarships Office reserves the right to rescind multiple offers so that you are awarded a single Accommodation Scholarship.
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- how this scholarship will benefit you.
- any barriers that you have overcome in your pursuit of gaining an education.
- the goals you hope to achieve through completing your degree.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the written statement.
- The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
- This scholarship may be awarded by the Scholarships Office prior to the close date.
Deferral may be possible, subject to approval by the Accommodation team.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Full-time enrolment at ACU
- Minimum Pass grade for at least two-thirds of credit points in which they were enrolled in the previous study period