ACU Relocation Scholarship
About this scholarship
The Relocation Scholarship provides a partial rental fee scholarship for commencing undergraduate students who have overcome hardships or barriers to accessing higher education.
Applying early gives you the best chance for consideration. Conditional offers will be made while this scholarship is open for applications.
- This scholarship is valued at $5,000, paid towards the fees of any 12-month rental agreement at the ACU Student Accommodation in Ballarat, Canberra, North Sydney, Strathfield or Blacktown. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other accommodation scholarship, and it only applies to ACU student accommodation. not any non-ACU accommodation.
- There are 9 scholarships available.
Future or Commencing Students or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Ballarat, Canberra, North Sydney, Strathfield or Blacktown
- Study load: full-time enrolment in Semester 1, 2024
- Relocated from a Regional, Rural or Remote location as classified by the Rural Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA)
- Overcome hardships or barriers to accessing higher education
These offers are subject to the availability of rooms at your chosen campus. You may be contacted by ACU Student Accommodation for further clarification about room availability.
Accommodation Scholarships are limited to one per student. If you are awarded and accept multiple Accommodation Scholarships, the Scholarships Office will contact you to confirm which award you will accept. The Scholarships Office reserves the right to rescind multiple offers so that you are awarded a single Accommodation scholarship.
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- any hardships or barriers* you have had to overcome to access higher education.
- how receiving this scholarship will assist you.
- Evidence to support the hardship/s outlined in your written statement. This may include but is not limited to: Centrelink or bank statements, letter from a medical professional, or a statutory declaration.
- Evidence of your regional, rural or remote address.
* Hardships or barriers may include but are not limited to financial disadvantage, single parent background, ongoing medical conditions, non-English speaking background, first in family to attend university, social, cultural disadvantage or adjusting to life in Australia as a refugee.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to future and commencing students.
- The recipients will be selected by the ACU Scholarships Office.
- This scholarship may be awarded by the Scholarships Office prior to the close date.
Deferral may be possible, subject to approval by the Accommodation team.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following each semester for the duration of the scholarship:
- Minimum Pass grade for at least two-thirds of credit points in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- Continued enrolment at the same campus under which the scholarship is awarded.