Andrew’s Corporate Clothing Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2018 by Andrew’s Corporate Clothing for ACU students within the Faculty of Health Sciences. The scholarship recognises that whilst there is immense value in professional practice placements that provide students with the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, learn skills and develop the required behaviours and practices in workplace environments, there are also additional costs for students.
- This scholarship is valued at $1,000, to be paid in one lump sum
- There are 12 scholarships available
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commenced studies in current ACU course prior to 2024
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: any undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Student must be enrolled in a placement unit in the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Students must have completed the Faculty Pre-Placement Requirements.
- Students must not have previously failed any professional practice/clinical units of study in their course.
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- Written statement of approximately 400 words outlining:
- any hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing and/or completing your professional placements (these may include but are not limited to financial hardship, disability, illness, or carer responsibilities)
- how your degree will change your future
- why are you planning to undertake this placement, and what do you hope to gain from it
- (If applicable) evidence of a rural or regional based placement.
- Evidence to support points made in your written statement (these may include but are not limited to Centrelink Statement, Tax Income Statement, medical letter, or a statutory declaration)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to students undertaking a placement in a regional or rural area, as classified by the Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA)
- Hardships and barriers to accessing education
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.