Autism Inclusion Equity Scholarship Blacktown Campus
About this scholarship
This scholarship was established to support students with autism who will be commencing undergraduate studies at ACU’s Blacktown campus.
- This scholarship is valued at $4,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
This scholarship is open to commencing students who meet all the following criteria:
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Blacktown
- Study load: full-time
- Diagnosed autism
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining how having autism has impacted you and your studies.
- Two written references, these can be from any of the following:
- community engagement leader
- religious leader
Recipients will be required to provide a letter from their health professional confirming their autism spectrum diagnosis prior to scholarship payment.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office, and the recipient selected by a panel consisting of; Father Anthony Casamento (Vice President ACU), Professor Sandra Jones (PVC Engagement) and an Autism community representative.
Recipients will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.