Creating Opportunity Fund Scholarship
About this scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2018 in order to financially assist commencing students who are suffering hardship to access higher education. Such hardships may include relocation from a regional or remote location, single parent background, first in family to attend university, domestic violence, ongoing medical conditions, non-English speaking background, social, cultural disadvantage or adjusting to life in Australia as a refugee.
- This scholarship is valued at $4,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There are 22 scholarships available.
Future or Commencing Students
This scholarship is open to those who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commencing an ACU course in Semester 1, 2024.
- Citizenship: any of the following:
- Domestic, or
- International asylum seeker students who hold any one of the following visas:
- Temporary Protection visa (TPV)
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa (SHEV)
- Bridging visa A (BVA)
- Bridging visa E (BVE)
- Temporary Humanitarian Stay visa (Subclass 449)
- Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa (Subclass 786)
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Hardships or barriers
- Financial need
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- any hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education.
- what you hope to achieve with your degree in the future.
- Evidence of hardships or barriers outlined in your written statement
- Evidence of financial need;
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- Last two months of bank statements AND pay slips from the last six weeks.
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Demonstrated financial need and other hardship
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.