Elite Athlete and Performer Program Scholarship
Applications are closed - please check again at a later date, as scholarship and application details are confirmed on an ongoing basis.
About this scholarship
The Elite Athlete and Performer Program (EAPP) is a Sport, Wellbeing and Residential Life initiative to support student athletes and performers dual career. This Financial EAPP Scholarship is designed to support elite athletes/performers who participate in national or international competitions or events. As student athletes or performers the opportunity to earn an income on top of an already demanding training and study load is difficult. This scholarship is designed to support student athletes and performers in succeeding in elite competition/performances and academic goals.
- This scholarship is valued from $1,000-$5,000 per annum, to be paid in two instalments after census date of each semester.
- Scholarship values are awarded at the discretion of the Australian Catholic University with the support of the Elite Athlete and Performer Program Advisory Committee.
- Recipients are also eligible to receive discounted accommodation valued at $2,000 or $5,000, which will be credited against any 12-month rental agreement at any of ACU’s student accommodations in Sydney, Canberra or Ballarat. See the EAPP Scholarship Accommodation Offer section below for further information.
Future, Commencing or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following criteria by the scholarship application close date:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Applied to and have been accepted as a member of ACU's Elite Athlete and Performer Program from 1 August 2022.
- Affiliated with the Australian Sports Commission OR are an international, national or state-based performing artist affiliated with an international or national performing arts company.
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A 200-word written statement outlining:
- your current involvement in your sport or performing art.
- your future career aspirations.
- how the scholarship will assist you to reach your future goals.
- Sporting or Performing arts Resume outlining relevant achievements (please include a comprehensive date ordered list of your sporting achievements, including placing/rankings and times)
- Letter of recommendation from your coach, career officer, manager or club
- (If relevant) evidence of your contribution to recent sporting or performing activities at ACU.
- (Optional) Upload a photo of yourself at an event or competition.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Sporting or performing arts resume and achievements
- Contribution to sporting or performing activities at ACU
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Elite Athlete and Performer Program team, where recipients will be recommended and endorsed by the Selection Committee.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum Pass grade for all units in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- an overall minimum GPA of 4.0
- EAPP status
- Recipients are also expected to attend all Elite Athlete and Performer Program events and, where possible, represent ACU in Australian University Sport endorsed programs such as Australian University Games as an athlete, coach or mentor unless elite sporting/performing commitments prevent this.
- Willing to promote and support the EAPP and other Health Sport and Wellbeing Programs
EAPP Scholarship Accommodation Offer
This offer is designed to further support recipients of the EAPP scholarship who require accommodation during their studies. The offer is open to current and commencing students at ACU’s student accommodation in Sydney, Canberra or Ballarat, but is subject to availability. To secure your accommodation place early please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.