Gill Family Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2015, the Gill Family Scholarship supports nursing or midwifery students on the Ballarat and Melbourne campus’ who require financial assistance to study.
- This scholarship is valued at $4,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Discounted accommodation, up to $20 per week or $1400 per annum, (subject to availability, see the Discounted accommodation offer section below for further information).
This scholarship is open to current ACU students who meet all the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Campus: Melbourne or Ballarat
- Course: any ACU nursing or midwifery degree
- Study load: full-time
- Year level: second year or above (in the year the scholarship is to be awarded)
- Contributions to community service and/or social justice
- Financial hardship
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 250 words outlining:
- how this scholarship could financially support you and your studies.
- how your intended degree will potentially benefit you in your future career aspirations.
- A written reference or other evidence addressing your contribution to community activities and/or social justice.
- Evidence of financial hardship:
- most recent Tax Assessment Notice; or
- Centrelink Income Statement; or
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and social justice
- Financial hardship
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
- Recipients will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipients will also be invited to a presentation event and are requested to attend if this does not impede placement or study commitments.
Discounted accommodation offer
ACU Living and Learning Communities has student accommodation options located in each state where we have a campus.
Living in student accommodation is a great way to get the most of your university experience. In our accommodation, you’ll have access to unique sporting, leadership, spiritual and community engagement opportunities.
ACU understands that moving from a rural, regional or remote area to one of our campuses could be quite daunting. We want to assist the recipient of this scholarship with a discounted accommodation option for each of our campuses in Ballarat. We are offering a private room in a managed residential house at $20 off per week which adds up to a saving of $1400 over the year.
For more information please contact our team at the ACU Rental Advisory Service at email@example.com.