Gill Family Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2015, the Gill Family Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship reflects ACU's commitment to academic excellence in the undergraduate nursing and midwifery program. The Scholarship is designed to recognise high achievement and assist students financially in their final year of studies.
- This scholarship s valued at $4,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Discounted accommodation, up to $20 per week or $1400 per annum, (subject to availability, see the Discounted accommodation offer section below for further information).
This scholarship is open to current ACU students who meet all the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Campus: Melbourne or Ballarat
- Course: any ACU undergraduate nursing or midwifery degree
- Year level: final year (in the year the scholarship is to be awarded)
- Study load: full-time
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 6 (on the ACU seven-point scale)
- Contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service and social justice.
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining your future career aspirations.
- Evidence of your contribution to and/or leadership in community service and social justice
- Reference (academic)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and/or social justice
- Academic merit
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
- Recipients will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipients will also be invited to a presentation event and are requested to attend if this does not impede placement or study commitments.
Discounted accommodation offer
ACU Living and Learning Communities has student accommodation options located in each state where we have a campus.
Living in student accommodation is a great way to get the most of your university experience. In our accommodation, you’ll have access to unique sporting, leadership, spiritual and community engagement opportunities.
ACU understands that moving from a rural, regional or remote area to one of our campuses could be quite daunting. We want to assist the recipient of this scholarship with a discounted accommodation option for each of our campuses in Ballarat. We are offering a private room in a managed residential house at $20 off per week which adds up to a saving of $1400 over the year.
For more information please contact our team at the ACU Rental Advisory Service at email@example.com.