Gill Family Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2015, the Gill Family Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship reflects ACU's commitment to academic excellence in the undergraduate nursing and midwifery program. The Scholarship is designed to recognise high achievement and assist students financially in their final year of studies.
- This scholarship is valued at $4,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Discounted accommodation offer, of up to $20 per week or $1400 per annum, (subject to availability, see more details on the Discounted accommodation offer at ACU Living and Learning Communities).
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Campus: Melbourne or Ballarat
- Course: any ACU undergraduate nursing or midwifery degree
- Year level: final year (as of Semester 1, 2023)
- Study load: full-time
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 6 (on the ACU seven-point scale)
- Contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service and social justice.
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining your future career aspirations.
- Evidence of your contribution to and/or leadership in community service and social justice
- Letter of recommendation (academic)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and/or social justice
- Academic merit
- Letter of recommendation
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
- Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. This should be submitted to the ACU Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipients will also be invited to a presentation event and are requested to attend if this does not impede placement or study commitments.