St Vincent de Paul Society - Broken Bay Central Council Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships
About this scholarship
Established in 2005 and sponsored by the Broken Bay Central Council of the St Vincent de Paul Society, this scholarship aims to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates in professional fields who have the potential and desire to influence better lifestyle choices and living conditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- This scholarship is valued at up to $6,750, to be paid in instalments of $2,000 in the first year, $2,250 in the second year and $2,500 in the third year.
- There are three scholarships available.
- Discounted accommodation fees valued at $5,000, in ACU's Miguel Cordero Residence, Camperdown (subject to availability, see the Discounted accommodation offer section below for further information).
Future Students and Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following criteria by the application close date:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Faculty: Education and Arts
- Course: ACU Education degree
- Campus: Strathfield
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- why you have chosen to undertake your degree.
- what you hope to achieve through your degree in the future.
- how obtaining your degree will allow you to give back to your community.
If you would like assistance with completing your application, please contact your local Indigenous Higher Education Unit.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the written statement.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office, in consultation with the First Peoples Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
Recipients will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October each year.
Discounted accommodation offer
ACU Living and Learning Communities has student accommodation options located in each state where we have a campus.
Living in student accommodation is a great way to get the most of your university experience. In our accommodation, you’ll have access to unique sporting, leadership, spiritual and community engagement opportunities.
ACU understands that moving from a rural, regional or remote area to one of our campuses could be quite daunting. We want to assist this scholarship recipient with a discounted accommodation option. In Sydney, we are offering one of our NRAS Studio apartments with a $5000 discount on a 12-month agreement. Click here for more information about this accommodation offer.