Jim Anderson Memorial Equity Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2021 in memory of Blacktown Mayor Jim Anderson, this scholarship supports students experiencing disadvantage who live in the Blacktown Local Government Area and are studying an undergraduate degree at ACU’s Blacktown campus.
- This scholarship is valued at up $20,000, to be paid in annual instalments of $5,000 for the duration of the course.
- There is one scholarship available.
Future, Commencing or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commencing ACU course in Semester 1, 2023 or prior
- Citizenship: domestic
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Blacktown
- Study load: full-time
- Blacktown resident (must currently live in the Blacktown Local Government Area, and have lived in the area for a minimum of one year)
- Financial hardship
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- how your financial hardship has impacted on your education
- how this scholarship will assist you in your studies
- how your studies will help you achieve your future goals
- Evidence of your Blacktown address
- Evidence of financial hardship. For example:
- most recent Tax Assessment Notice Or,
- Centrelink Income Statement OR,
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Financial need
The recipient will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and selected by the donor.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum Pass grade for at least two-thirds of credit points in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- Full-time enrolment
- Enrolment at the Blacktown campus
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. This should be submitted to the ACU Scholarships Office no later than 1 October each year.