Jim Anderson Memorial Leadership Scholarship
Applications are closed - please check again at a later date, as scholarship and application details are confirmed on an ongoing basis.
About this scholarship
Established in 2021 in memory of Blacktown Mayor Jim Anderson, this scholarship rewards students with strong leadership skill who live in the Blacktown Local Government Area and are studying an undergraduate degree at ACU’s Blacktown campus.
- This scholarship is valued at $5,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Future Students and Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Blacktown
- Study load: full-time
- Blacktown resident (must currently live in the Blacktown Local Government Area, and have lived in the area for a minimum of one year)
- Demonstrated Leadership/contribution to community
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- How you have contributed to the Blacktown community
- How you hope to further contribute to your community in the future
- How your studies will help you achieve your future goals
- Written reference to support the leadership qualities and contributions to your community as outlined in your written statement.
- Evidence of Blacktown Local Government Area address
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Leadership/contribution to community
- Written reference
The recipient will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and selected by the donor.
The recipient will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.