Jim Anderson Memorial Merit Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2021 in memory of Blacktown Mayor Jim Anderson, this scholarship rewards students that have demonstrated strong academic ability who live in the Blacktown Local Government Area and are studying an undergraduate degree at ACU’s Blacktown campus.
- This scholarship is valued at $5,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Future Students and Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Blacktown
- Study load: full-time
- Blacktown resident (must currently live in the Blacktown Local Government Area, and have lived in the area for a minimum of one year)
- Minimum ATAR of 75 or GPA of 5
- Community engagement
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- Written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- how you have contributed to the Blacktown community.
- how you hope to further contribute to your community in the future.
- how your studies will help you achieve your future goals.
- Evidence of academic merit from your most recent studies (applies to future students only)
- ATAR or equivalent; or
- academic transcript (including GPA)
- Written reference to support contributions to your community as outlined in your written statement
- Evidence of Blacktown address
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Contribution to the Blacktown community
The recipient will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and selected by the donor.
The recipient will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.