NGS Super Scholarship
Applications are closed - please check again at a later date, as scholarship and application details are confirmed on an ongoing basis.
About this scholarship
Established in 2010 the NGS Super Scholarship aims to provide financial support to enable students enrolled in an ACU School of Education teaching course to experience a rural and or remote Queensland education setting.
- This scholarship is valued at $3,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There are three scholarships available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria by the scholarship application close date:
- Commenced current ACU course in Semester 1, 2022 or prior
- Campus: Brisbane
- Course: any teaching related course
- Will be undertaking a placement in a regional rural or remote area of Queensland, as classified by the Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA)
- Living 100km or more from the placement
- Have not previously received this scholarship (previously called QIEC Scholarship)
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining how a rural, regional or remote school could benefit your learning and practice as a future teacher.
- Evidence of enrolment/acceptance for a four week or longer practicum placement in a rural, regional or remote area in Queensland.
- Confirmation that your current residence residence is at least 100km from your placement.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in year the scholarship is awarded.