NSW Relocation Scholarship
About this scholarship
The NSW Relocation Scholarship provides a partial rental fee scholarship for commencing undergraduate students who have overcome hardships or barriers to accessing higher education.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000, paid towards the fees of any 12-month rental agreement at the Miguel Cordero Residence in Camperdown.
This scholarship is open to commencing students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: North Sydney, Strathfield or Blacktown
- Overcome hardships or barriers to accessing higher education
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- any hardships or barriers* you have had to overcome to access higher education.
- how receiving this scholarship will assist you.
- Evidence to support the hardship/s outlined in your written statement. This may include but is not limited to: Centrelink or bank statements, letter from a medical professional, or a statutory declaration.
- (if relevant) Evidence of your regional, rural or remote address.
* Hardships or barriers may include but is not limited to financial disadvantage, single parent background, ongoing medical conditions, non-English speaking background, first in family to attend university, social, cultural disadvantage or adjusting to life in Australia as a refugee.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to applicants who have relocated from a regional, rural or remote location.
The recipients will be selected by the ACU Scholarships Office
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum pass grade for all units attempted
- Enrolment at the North Sydney, Strathfield or Blacktown campus