Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Accommodation Scholarship
About this scholarship
This scholarship was established to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are living away from home and community. The scholarship covers the cost of accommodation, so you can concentrate on your studies and make the most of the university experience.
The scholarship will cover the full cost of rent and application fee for the minimum duration of the recipient’s course. This does not include cleaning fees, damage or replacement of key/cards.
Future Students and Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following criteria:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Study load: full-time
- Campus: Ballarat, Blacktown, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, or Strathfield
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- why you have chosen to undertake your degree
- how you engage with the Indigenous community and how this reflects ACU's mission and values.
- how obtaining your degree will allow you to give back to the Indigenous community.
If you would like assistance with completing your application, please contact your local Indigenous Higher Education Unit.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Recipients will be selected by a selection committee comprised of representatives from the First Peoples Directorate.
- Preference will be given to students from rural and remote areas, as classified by the Rural Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA)
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Full-time study load
- Minimum pass grade for all units attempted