Scholarship for Online Learning – Study Your Way
Commencing in Teaching Period
Scholarship Applications Open
Scholarship Applications Close
|ACU Online Term 1||Open now!||31 January|
|ACU Online Term 2||2 February||26 April|
|ACU Online Term 3||28 April||18 July|
|ACU Online Term 4||20 July||10 October|
About this scholarship
Scholarships at ACU Online are about providing opportunity to students and promoting equity of access to higher education.
At ACU Online, we believe that where you have come from shouldn’t define where you’re going. This Scholarship financially assists students who may be facing barriers to either their commencement or continuation of higher education.
The ACU Online Scholarship is intended for and available to commencing students to support them in their first year of study.
There are two scholarships available, one to be awarded to an undergraduate student, and one to a postgraduate student. The scholarship value is dependent on the recipient’s level of study:
- Bachelor or Master - $5,000, paid in four instalments of $1,250 per ACU Online Term.
- Graduate Diploma - $2,500, paid in two instalments of $1,250 per ACU Online Term.
- Graduate Certificate - $1,500, paid in two instalments of $750 per ACU Online Term.
If the recipient is enrolled part time (one unit), the instalment amount will be halved.
Scholarship payments will be made within 30 working days of the ACU Online Term census date.
This scholarship is open to commencing students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Fees: Commonwealth Supported Place
- Course: any course offered through ACU Online
Applicants are required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- the hardships or barriers you have overcome to access higher education. This may include, but is not limited to, financial hardship, family or carer responsibilities, illness, disability, living in a rural, regional or remote location.
- how this scholarship will assist you and your academic circumstances.
- the impact receiving this qualification will have on your future.
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Barriers faced in accessing higher education
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and the recipient(s) selected by the Office of Digital Education.
To remain eligible for scholarship payments, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- A minimum pass of 50% of enrolled units in each ACU Online Term.
- Enrolment in the same course under which the scholarship was awarded.
For enquiries about this scholarship phone ACU Online on 132286