Sisters of Mercy Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2010 by the Ballarat Sisters of Mercy who support the Mission of ACU and wish to contribute to its work, in particular, a commitment to supporting high-quality education based on Christian values and a commitment to mercy and justice.
- The scholarship is valued at $4,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Discounted accommodation offer, of up to $20 per week or $1400 per annum, (subject to availability, see more details on the Discounted accommodation offer at ACU Living and Learning Communities).
Future, Commencing or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, and complete the application form before the closing date:
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Ballarat
- Year level: first or second year (as of Semester 1,2023)
- Reside in (or have relocated from to study) a regional, rural or remote area of Victoria as classified by the Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA)
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500-800 words outlining:
- how you engage with your local community and how this reflects the ACU's mission and values.
- any hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Evidence of residence or relocation from a regional, rural or remote area.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Letters of recommendation
Applicants will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. This should be submitted to the ACU Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.