St Vincent de Paul Society - Broken Bay Central Council Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships
About this scholarship
Established in 2005 and sponsored by the Broken Bay Central Council of the St Vincent de Paul Society, this scholarship aims to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates in professional fields who have the potential and desire to influence better lifestyle choices and living conditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- This scholarship is valued at up to $6,750, to be paid in instalments of $2,000 in the first year, $2,250 in the second year and $2,500 in the third year.
- There are four scholarships available.
- Discounted accommodation fees valued at $5,000, in ACU's Miguel Cordero Residence, Camperdown (subject to availability, see more details on the Discounted accommodation offer at ACU Living and Learning Communities).
Future, Commencing or Current Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria by the application close date:
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students (Confirmation of Aboriginality will be required)
- Commencing ACU course in Semester 1, 2023 or prior
- Faculty: Education and Arts
- Course: ACU Education degree
- Campus: Strathfield
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- why you have chosen to undertake your degree.
- what you hope to achieve through your degree in the future.
- how obtaining your degree will allow you to give back to your community.
- Upload Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status (for more information on this requirement please visit, COA)
If you would like assistance with completing your application, please contact your local Indigenous Higher Education Unit.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the written statement.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office, in consultation with the First Peoples Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum grade of Pass in all units in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- ACU Education degree
- Campus: Strathfield
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. This should be submitted to the ACU Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.