Sue Mitchell Nursing Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2008 by Mr John Mitchell in memory of his late wife Sue who passed away after a brave battle with cancer. John and Sue are both descendants of distinguished Snowy Mountains’ families and are long-term residents of the region. Sue trained and worked as a nurse in the region around Corryong, Victoria.
- The scholarship is valued at $1,000, to be paid in one lump sum
- There is one scholarship available
- Discounted accommodation offer, of up to $20 per week or $1400 per annum, (subject to availability, see more details on the Discounted accommodation offer at ACU Living and Learning Communities).
Future, Commencing or Current Students
Applications are open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commencing ACU course in Semester 1, 2023 or prior
- Citizenship: domestic
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degree)
- Campus: Canberra
- Year level: first, second or third year
- From a regional, rural or remote area as classified by the Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA)
- Financial hardship
- Commitment to the ethos of ACU, shown through contribution and/or leadership in community service
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application outlining:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education
- how your degree will help change your future
- how you engage with your community and how this reflects the mission and values of ACU
- Evidence of academic merit from your most recent studies (applies to future students only)
- ATAR or equivalent; or
- academic transcript (including GPA)
- Evidence of a regional, rural or remote address
- Evidence of financial hardship
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
- Evidence of your commitment to the ethos of ACU, shown through contribution and/or leadership in community service as outlined in your written statement.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Financial and geographic disadvantage
- Contributions made to community service
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. This should be submitted to the ACU Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.