Teachers Mutual Bank Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2022 by Teachers Mutual Bank Limited (TMBL), this scholarship provides financial support to teaching students who have demonstrated a commitment to education by overcoming obstacles along the way.
Like ACU, TMBL is values based with a strong focus on ethical, responsible and sustainable practices, as a result TMBL has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies eight years in a row.
- This scholarship is valued at $5,000, to be paid in instalments of $2,500 over two semesters.
- There is one scholarship available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commenced current ACU course in Semester 2, 2022 or prior
- Citizenship: domestic
- Study load: full-time
- Campus: any (on campus)
- Course year level: third year or above in 2023
- Course: enrolled in any of the following:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Birth to Five Years)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary and Secondary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary and Special Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Away from base)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary and Special Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts (Humanities)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary/Bachelor of Arts (Technology)
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 250 words outlining:
- Why you have chosen to pursue a career in teaching,
- Any barriers you have overcome in accessing higher education,
- How this scholarship will assist you.
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Demonstrated commitment to education
Applicants will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
To remain eligible for this scholarship recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum Pass grade in at least two-thirds of credit points in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- Enrolled full-time in the same course under which the scholarship was received