Tertiary Access Payment (TAP)
About this payment
This payment supports school leavers in regional and remote areas with their relocation to commence tertiary study. The payment is part of the Job-ready Graduates higher education reforms package and the Government response to the National Regional, Rural and Remote Tertiary Education Strategy (Napthine Review). For more information please visit Services Australia - TAP.
This payment is valued at up to $5,000
Future or Commencing Students
This payment is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Commencing a new ACU course in Semester 1, 2023
- an Australian resident
- meeting study rules
- from an inner regional, outer regional, remote or very remote area
- moving to study at a tertiary education provider that’s more than 90 minutes away from your family home by public transport
- have completed year 12 or equivalent
- studying a tertiary course at certificate IV or above in the next available study period after year 12 with no gap year
- 22 or younger on the day you start your tertiary course
- have parents or guardians whose income is under the current combined parental income limit of $250,000.
For the full list of requirements please visit: Services Australia - TAP - Who can get it?
Applications must be submitted directly to Services Australia.
For details on how to apply and the documents required, please visit: Service Australia - TAP - How to claim