Veolia Mulwaree Trust Scholarships
Applications are closed - please check again at a later date, as scholarship and application details are confirmed on an ongoing basis.
About this scholarship
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established in 2003 to manage and distribute funds for charitable purposes and community projects, which benefit communities within or surrounding the former Mulwaree Shire Council area. Veolia Environmental Services provide the Trusts funding.The Veolia Mulwaree Trust Scholarships were established in 2015 to financially support students studying at ACU’s Canberra campus.
- The scholarship is valued at $3,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Future, Commencing or Current Students
Applications are open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Course: any ACU degree
- Campus: Canberra
- Study load: full-time
- Completed secondary schooling, or currently reside in one of the Local Government Areas covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust.
For the purpose of these rules, the Local Government Areas covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust include: Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Palerang Council, Shoalhaven City Council, Oberon Council, Wingecarribee Shire Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council and Wollondilly Shire Council. (See eligible postcodes listed below).
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200-300 words outlining:
- why you have chosen to undertake your degree
- what you hope to achieve with it in the future
- how you engage with your community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU
- Evidence of long-term residence in any Local Government Area covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to first year students.
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients will be requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.
Postcode areas covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust:
2508, 2534, 2535, 2536, 2538, 2539, 2540, 2541, 2560, 2568, 2570, 2571, 2574, 2575, 2576, 2577, 2579, 2580, 2581, 2583, 2619, 2620, 2621, 2622, 2623, 2787.